Sunday, December 2, 2007

This Foggy Evening


This Foggy Evening
Originally uploaded by Apocaplops
Proof positive that I need to indulge myself when I feel like taking some photographs.

Today I had to work a short shift, 11-4, and I knew that would give me enough light to snap a few photos when I was done. Unfortunately a steady rain set in around noon, and never let up. By the time I was out, fog blanketed the area and I was steadily losing light.

Normally I would get discouraged and sit inside, but today I decided to brave the nasty (really nasty) weather and shoot. I loaded my tripod, Mamiya Super 23, and dSLR into my car, along with my umbrella. I only had enough time for a couple locations, so I went places nearby that I thought might be picturesque in a fog.

Luckily, I got a keeper, taken with my K100D. Sloshing around by myself looking for shots is actually far more fun than it has any right to be. Great photography happens when you actively seek it out, not when you get around to it. Lesson learned.

No comments: