Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Everything is falling apart


The Plume
Originally uploaded by boileraae.
Well, it seems that way lately. After my last gallery show, it's been hard to get out and take new pictures. I have like 12 rolls in the drawer waiting to be developed. I don't know if it's the weather, the backlog, how much I've been working, or what. I just seem to have run out of steam.

Thankfully the cold has let up a bit, and I'm sure that when we see green and warm temps I'll get back in the groove. This is all an apology for not updating in a while, both here and on Flickr. Anyway...

News
Castle Photo, an old-school camera store in Frandor in Lansing, is hiring part-time help. I'd take the job myself but they want someone to work Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Saturday. Weekdays I can do, but not the weekend. If you're interested, go apply in person. You won't get paid much, but you get a good discount and you're around cameras all day.

Call For Entries
Newaygo County Council for the Arts Statewide Photography Competition

April 25-May 26, 3007

Deadline: April 14, 2007

NCCA Statewide Photography Competition- To exhibit and acknowledge the finest photographers in the state of Michigan and encourage greater growth and achievement in the photographic community. Cash awards, ribbons, and recognition. Exhibit opens April 25 and closes May 26. Award ceremony and reception May 4, 2007.

Any photographer residing in the state of Michigan, 18 or older may submit up to two photographs in any process, not previously shown at NCCA. $20 non-refundable entry fee covers both submissions. A complete application with rules and guidelines can be downloaded form www.ncca-artsplace.org

No comments: